Pakistan Institute of Fashion and Design is proud to announce their outstanding achievement to become a full member of Cumulus, the International Association of Universities and Colleges of Art and Design. The membership was awarded in the conference held at Nottingham, UK from 26th April to 2nd May 2016.
Cumulus, the International Association of Universities and Colleges of Art, Design and Media (founded in 1990 in Helsinki) is the only global association to serve art and design education and research. It is a forum for partnership and transfer of knowledge and best practices. Cumulus consists currently of 229 members from 49 countries.
Pakistan Institute of Fashion and Design (PIFD) was invited to attend Cumulus Milan Conference in May 2015. Linkages were developed with existing members.
After full filling the requirements PIFD applied for membership in December 2015. In February 2016, the Executive Board of Cumulus approved PIFD membership application which became part of the agenda item for upcoming Cumulus General Assembly. This year Cumulus conference was held at Nottingham Trent University, UK from 27 April to 1 May 2016. The membership application was presented in the Cumulus General Assembly for final approval through voting at Nottingham Trent University, UK. After the formal procedure of approval, each representative of institute received membership certificate. Vice Chancellor, PIFD represented Pakistan Institute of Fashion and Design in the Cumulus General Assembly meeting.
PIFD is the first and only institute from Pakistan which is being awarded full membership of Cumulus. PIFD will play following role within the country and internationally:
- To influence policy making in the field of Art, Design and Media on International Level
- To create an Academic Forum for advancement of Higher Education and Research in Art, Design and Media
- To work for the quality standards and full recognition of the professions in Art, Design and Media
- To promote co-operation and mutual benefit for different stakeholders (industry & businesses)
- To develop linkages and promote dialogue among academic institutions of Art& Design and to enhance their contribution in society
PIFD would like to thank Chancellor’s Office, Prime Minister’s Office, Pro-Chancellor’s Office, Ministry of Commerce, Ministry of Foreign Affairs for providing support .